Monday, November 30, 2009

How do I match foundation make up to my skin?

I have purchased an endless number of powder and liquid foundations for my face and every time I get home and try it on, it never matches my skin tone. I thought the whole point of foundation was to look like it wasn't there by blending in with your skin tone? I can't seem to get to that point. HELP!!!How do I match foundation make up to my skin?
Foundation can be tricky especially when you purchase it in certain stores. If possible you want to sample the foundation away from flourscent lighting. If your able to use the foundation before you buy it place a small amount on the inside of your wrist, this skin is closest to the skin color on your face. Walk to the doors of the store and see how it looks. If your unable to sample try taking the makeup to an outside door and see how it looks. Another alternative to foundation is using a tinted moisturizer. Most of them come in 3 shades light, medium and dark and they blend into your skin but don't offer the same coverage as liquid foundation. Recently companies have been offering the ';ideal match'; foundations that are suppose to adjust to your skin coloring...you can try one of those. How do I match foundation make up to my skin?
if you want the best foundation (for coverage and skin) get bare minerals, it is a bit expensive (but the starter kit is actually a great deal) but it is a great investment!! If you have a sephora store nearby you can just go in and ask for a color match, but if not go online to http://www.bareminerals.com/ and click ';find your shade'; and you can match your skin tone, its also great because the kit comes with two different foundation colors, so you can try on both, or mix together for the perfect shade!!! good luck
No one is exactly one shade of foundation. Its always the best to try to match as possible if you cant afford to buy 2 or 3 bottles.





I suggest you try 3 colours and test them around the jaw line 1 shade that you think you are, 1 shade darker , and one shade lighter. The colour that matches the most should be your best pick. You rather have your foundation match your face to your neck than youe cheeks ( which is mostly the fairest)





You can visit my blog, I post a lot of intersting things about makeup that may be of interest to you.





http://www.changingfacesbymay.blogspot.c鈥?/a>
i got my maybelline foundation at ulta and they had a great chart that had some nearly transparent swatches that you held up to you face and they do not show up when it is the right shade.


the bottles are not sealed either, so you could give it a little try.
Try puritycosmetics.co.uk. It is really good!
you should get L'Or茅al Paris' TruMatch. It matches it for you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash