Thursday, December 10, 2009

What foundation make up is good?

i have tried many different kinds of foundation and have yet to find the perfect one for me. what's the difference between liquid and powder foundation?and what products have a good coverage for pimples etc...yet looking all natural?What foundation make up is good?
For Me MAC, they have many differnt shades to choose from. I would use both liquid and powder. If you just use powder your face will end up looking very choppy. Also make sure to use lotion before applying the makeup.What foundation make up is good?
I use mary kay. I get the right face system for me in my climate (which is really hot %26amp; humid in the summer, cold n humid in the winter). So I get formula 3 for oily prone skin and I use the full system. I buy it on ebay for a 3rd of the price after I look at their online catalog and pick out what I like.





after you use the face cleansing stuff (DONT FORGET MOISTURIZER, it's the most important step) then I put on the foundation. It goes on perfectly after using their cleaning products and it feels like I'm not wearing anything. I usually get liquid foundation (because it's oil free unlike matte finishes or cream to powder), and I set it with translucent (invisible) powder. It doesn't break me out and just evens out my skin tone without making me look cakey.





I have tried other things, but store bought stuff always turns orange, and mineral make-up wipes off on anyone I hug.








If you're interested in trying mary kay for free you can just call their number and they will send someone to give you a free make-over. You don't have to buy anything from them (remember ebay is cheaper), but sometimes they can be a bit pushy so you have to be sure to inform them that you just want to TRY it first.
It depends on your skin type. Is your skin oily or dry? The younger you are, the less coverage you usually need. A good one is Revlon Colorstay Active wear which comes in a tube and stays on well but looks natural. Read the labels. If your skin is oily, you might want to find something that is oil free.....makes sense, doesn't it? There is no ';perfect'; product but there are lots of good ones and proper application is important. Go to a counter in a department store for some free advice if it will help.
Well, I use L'oreal products- and I don't have pimples anymore (I'm 45) If you have acne, powder foundation would not be a good idea. It will crack around the pimple, making it more obvious. You need to find a good concealer. I have dry skin, so I use a liquid foundation. I trust L'oreal. ( Lancome owns them) Maybe go to a Nordstroms or a Neiman Marcus, and have someone try different foundations on you? Good luck.
Laura Geller Balance n Brighten is fantastic, it is powder but covers up like a cream!!! You can get different skin colours so you can find the perfect match to your skin, you can put more on until you get the coverage you want yet it looks totally natural! It even lasts the whole day without wearing off, you can order it online from QVC and there are loads more fantastic products on that website too!!
depends on your skin type, but I really like Clinique liquid.
MAC


Lancome, also works good for me


I switch up...
Motives custom blend foundation. It can be custom blended to your exact skin color, but you have to find a Motives consultant near you that can do it for you. Or you can get thier fluid silk foundation, which is premade. None of thier products even feel like your wearing make up. It has some of the highest quality ingredients.





Check out www.marketamerica.com/beautyperfection to check it out.





If you want to go to the deparment store Mac and Chanel are one of the best too. Whatever you choose, do NOT go with anything from the drugstore. The highend cosmetics may be pricier, but you pay for what you get and the difference is worth it.
Honestly, not every foundation works for every person, as you have found out. If they did, then we wouldn't have so many brands out there.





Liquid foundation is just that a liquid. It goes on wet and dries.


Powder foundations go on dry, and stay that way. Some of them though, you wet the makeup sponge, swipe it in the powder, then put it on. I personally find that many of these have good coverage. As an added bonus, many like this can also be used dry as a powder. So you only need to carry one thing with you.





If you have acne prone skin, look for one that is water based. Or try a mineral type. These are pretty good for your skin. good ones can be pricey though.
Hi.personally i prefer just pressed powder with just abit of coverage coz i have blemishes.
Double ware- Estee Lauder is the best!Its a bit exy$ 66.00aus. It is smudge proof, heat resistant - even in humidity and has a medium to full coverage but looks natural, as long as u prime your skin of course. Use concealer on the pimples-then foundation- then powder if needed so its the same colour and not lighter then the rest of your face. I reccomend Ultimate coverage concealer by Artistry its the best i have ever tried- and i have tried alot.
I personally luv MAC and Bobby brown





I have never used liquid but I have heard that it is easier to coat
prescriptives mixes foundation until it is your own personal color. the only thing is that you have to buy all of whichever colors make up your perfect skin tone. it looks really really really really good though.
MAC is more of a stage makeup (photography, etc.)





If money isnt a factor, ide splurge for NARS. You can get this online or sometimes at Nordstroms.





If no NARS, I would jump on over to Bobby Brown.





Liquid = Apply with a foundation brush or a pad(only use these once) and this sets deeper onto the skin when used with a brush or makeup pad.





Powder = Use a powder brush. This sits ontop of the skin not really penetrating and getting deep into the pores. Ideal for oily skin.
cover girl and MAC matte

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash