Monday, June 21, 2010

How do i find the perfect foundation/make-up?

my skin is very light and i find it hard sometimes to find make-up/foundation that matches my tone exactly....any tips??? please n thnxHow do i find the perfect foundation/make-up?
I have the same problem. I went in a department store to get makeup one time and the lady said ';oh you have really pale skin';. I replied, ';Yes, it's very FAIR.'; Ugh...it's not easy being lily white. I make people go blind at the beach with my legs since they never seem to get enough sun to get a ';tan';. Tan for me is like normal for most white people.





So there are two things you should do. 1) Figure out what shade is your skin then 2) Get a foundation brush to apply your new makeup.





But I digress...The best way to match your skin for your makeup is to try a little under your chin. If the store where you shop does not have samples, like the drug store or other discount department stores, buy a bottle and take it home and test it out. They usually will be willing to exchange it for you if you find you bought the wrong color. Ideally you should be able to test it out at the store. If you buy from a department store, the makeup ladies will be more than happy to help you find the right shade. Some may try it on the back of your hand. This is wrong, wrong, wrong. The skin on the back of your hand is not the same as the skin on your face, especially for me because my hands and arms get a little color in the summer and are usually a tiny bit darker than my face. The best spot to check is right under the jaw line. They should clean the spot first to make sure you don't have any other makeup left in that area and then smooth on just a little bit. If it blends nicely then that's your color. You can obviously do the same thing at home before you put it all over your face. It's also good as an allergen tester. If you have sensitive skin, go to a nice department store and have them test out the makeup on you as I described above. If you have a Sephora near you, that is a really great place to get makeup if you are unsure of what works for you. Walk around in the mall for a while and then check yourself in the mirror after testing makeup to make sure there is no redness or irritation.





I am currently using Cover Girl Clean makeup. I think I paid about $4 for a bottle of it. My color is 110 classic ivory. There is also 105 ivory but it looked too pink and made me look unnaturally pale. If you use a foundation brush to apply it, you will see a huge difference in how well it blends. I got a really nice one from CVS for just $10, so that doesn't have to be a huge investment either.





Good luck.How do i find the perfect foundation/make-up?
bare minerals are amazing. light powder thats good for your skin and has 15SPF in it. ive been using it for YEARSS. its expensive but worth it and last a long time. and there are many colors and you can mix them. the starter kit come with two colors so its pretty simple. check out the link. good luck girl! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin rash